Saturday, July 24, 2010

the need - rachel carnsss ❤

the Need just recently got back together for a few shows benefiting their friend Natalie who was diagnosed with cancer. Rachel Carns having just beat cancer it was quite fitting they did this show in support of their friend. I was supposed to go to the Portland show last night, but couldn't make it and am super bummed as the Need is the most influential band in my life. I remember getting their cd 'the need is dead' from my mentor when I was 14. It changed my whole outlook on female musicians. Seeing Rachel's stand up drumming style blew my mind. I really love how the drums are front and center. I've always been way into drums, at shows my gaze is mostly fixated on the drummer...I love watching them in their zone, it looks as if they are having an out of body experience...and I truly love being apart of that. Rachel is def one of those people I love watching.

Anyway here is a small clip from the Olympia show a few days ago.

And here she is in '99. She is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment